Saturday, September 8, 2012

revamped clutch

 one of my favorite things to do is thrift shop.
if you look closely, you may find vintage items that are worth a lot of money; or you might just find something old that you can spice up and turn into something special. 
i found this old bag at a thrift shop earlier this week.
the brand is opi, which i think is the brand of cosmetic bags that you can find at wal mart.
so i thought, why not turn it into a clutch.
i think that clutches are the cutest things ever.
so take a look into what i did: 

 here's the bag, just as i found it.

i found this yellow chevron fabric from craft warehouse. 
i thought that it would be the perfect color for fall.

 
using the fabric, i sewed a pouch for the clutch.
it's kind of like a slip cover.
i thought it would be nice to make it removable, just in case i want to make a few different covers for different occasions. 

i love everything girly, so i wanted to add a feminine touch.
my mom had found this dress at a thrift shop that had some beautiful ruffles.
i decided to cut out one of the ruffles and sew it around the edge of the clutch cover.

much prettier!

i will be making more covers to show you soon!

20 comments:

  1. You did such a great job with this clutch! It looks like a totally different one! I love the chevron print!

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS ADORABLE! I'd expect nothing less from you :) Once again, you inspire me to re-vamp something in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Very artistic and resourcefulness thoughts of you. =)

    alyssasaluta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks awesome! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute! sewing is something i've never mastered and would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! And you made it look so easy!

    I'm your newest follower. Hope you can check out my blog and follow back if you like it! <a href= "http://www.nellecreations.com>www.nellecreations.com</a> I also have a giveaway going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that is ADORABLE! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing dye *_* you are very good! your blog is very good and interesting. follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love!!! What a good idea! I think I could probably do this if I had the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the yellow chevron! And the fact that its removable is a win-win!
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!! I love the revamp! So crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so clever! And creative!!!! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo cute! What a great way to totally change the look AND then make different sleeves?! Genius. BTW..visiting over from Flamingo Toes Crush of the Week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous redo!! I love the way you completely changed it up - and that you can change the fabric!! Thanks for linking up - I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/09/crush-of-the-week-thnk-pink-features/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to turn something old into something new! Some of my favorite pieces are those that I have "customized". I look forward to
    see more from you!

    The Fashion Fairy
    Thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete