so as most of you know, i got to spend the weekend in st. george with my bff.
aka- the coolest boy in the world and most sweeeetest boyfriend, ever, evereverever.
i got home this morning and to put it quite simply, it's been a rough day.
i have a to-do list right now that's about as big as i am, but instead, i'm doing this...
because tomorrow's valentine's day and i am trying to feel the love even though i am all alone.
every day, every hour, every minute when i am with him i am reminded of why i am the luckiest girl in the world.
so i just wanted to share my top ten moments from this weekend that reminded me of why i wake up every morning and give everything i have to this long-distance relationship that makes my life so worth living....
1. the feeling that i still get (after six years of dating) when i'm about to see him.
you know, the one that makes your heart start beating so fast and you start thinking that if the people on this plane don't start moving faster, you're just going to have to trample them.
it's the walk from the airplane to his car where he's waiting that seems like it couldn't be any longer.
but then when you see him, you start to feel so nervous and somewhat shy, like it's your first crush all over again...
2. it's the way that everytime we're sitting at a red light, he misses when it turns green because he's too busy singing to me.
or dancing, or just talking to me.
and it's the way i feel when he says that that only happens when he's with me...
3. it's the way that we love to go out together and have fun.
we get so excited weeks in advance just to spend a few hours in vegas.
it's the fact that we know whatever we will be doing, even if things don't go as planned, we will have the most amazing time, just because we're together.
this weekend we went to the eiffel tower restarurant.
we got such a thrill out of being in such a fancy place together, we still can't stop talking about it.
4. and it's the way that at that restaurant, we wanted to try something new.
so we had duck liver as an appetizer!
we're not afraid to step out there and experience new things, and it makes life so exciting.
(he also took me skydiving for my 18th birthday, by the way.)
5. it's the way that he watched six hours of the bachelor with me on the internet because i don't have the time to watch it when i'm home.
it's the fact that he didn't have to watch it with me, but he did because he knew it would make me happy.
and it's definitely the way that i think he got more into it than i did...!
(i hope i don't get in trouble for saying that.)
6. it's the way that when we took a walk and it was just me and him out there, everthing was perfect.
and i felt like there was nothing in the world that could take away from my happiness.
and also, it was the way that he thought it would be fun to look for bugs in the creek ;)
7. it's the way that we love to go out and have a good time, but we also just can't get enough of cuddling up together to watch movies.
this was definitely a redbox weekend, and those are the best.
and it's the way that he's not embarrassed to search for a movie like this in order to stay out of the freezing, blowing rain...
8. it's the way that when we went shopping at wal mart, he told me to stand in front of him on the cart so that we could run through the parking lot in the rain.
it's the playful side of him that i could never live without- the part of him that makes me laugh so much it hurts.
9. and it's the way that whenever we go to the movie theatre, we always get skittles or sour patch kids, and he always eats the green ones that i don't like.
it's times like those where i feel like he truly is my other half.
cause what would happen to all of those greens if i didn't have him??
10. and last, but definitely not least, it's the way that he holds me when i always cry the night before i leave.
and then when i'm done crying, he asks me why i'm so pretty when i cry.
the only reason he lets me do it in the first place is because he knows it hurts me a lot less to cry when i'm with him than when i'm alone.
the only thing is, i definitely didn't get it all out this time, and it's been a day full of tears.
but every tear is a reminder of how lucky i am to have someone like him in my life...
and those are just a few of the reminders that i had this weekend.