Friday, July 6, 2012

come along with me for...

a few weeks ago my mom and i headed to the carnival to take some pictures.
key phrase being "a few weeks ago", when the weather was much cooler, which is why i am in a sweater and long capris. 
just had to inform you on that one- i am not crazy.
it's nearly in the 100's this week and just the thought of wearing a sweater and long capris outside makes me feel nauseous.

so.
while in hollywood earlier this summer, i found the cutest boutique called varga.
it's not very often when you find a boutique that sells things that are affordable.
but this one was.
i'm always so excited when i find these places because then i know that i can buy things that not everyone else has.
you know, that awkward moment when you walk into a class, the store, or a get together and you're wearing the same shirt as someone else.
or even worse- while at a pool in st. george a few months ago, i was so excited to wear my new bikini from victoria's secret, until another girl walked in wearing the same one.
and it was even more awkward since there were only about five of us there.
so sometimes it's much better to play it safe by shopping at not-so-popular stores.
 so if you find yourself in southern california anytime soon, look up the nearest varga, you won't be sorry!

 
cardigan: abound via nordstrom rack
top: h.i.p. via norstrom rack
lace cami: american eagle outfitters
capris: l.a. idol via bohme
shoes: cole haan via nordstrom rack
belt and hat: varga
earrings: cost plus world market 
necklace and bracelets: forever21
sunglasses: kate spade via nordstrom rack

  

14 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I really like your hat! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! I especially loved the bracelets & striped top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre such a stunner..... I LOVE that hat! And your photos are great xxxx

    http://rendersublime.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful as usual, Miss Carter! But... did you mention where you purchased the hat? Because I really like it!!! I wonder if we could make one similar. hmmmm.

    Love ya!
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute photos!)

    http://lenascookbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. good!
    I'm follow now from Tokyo.
    Please follow back me. OK??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that i've nominated your blog for the liebster award:) Visit my blog for getting more information and rules.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun outfit! I like the bold accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice blog, love your style ! Follow each other ?

    http://christellegblog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello beautiful, I did not know your blog.

    I like, is very stylish and you are very pretty :)

    You have a new follower.

    I invite you to know my blog, I hope your visit;)

    A big hug, PersonalStyle.

    www.blogpersonalstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so so beautiful! Love your outfit! and the way you've processed your photos, they look so warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you are just so dang cute!! Im in LOVE with your blog!!! Cant wait to see more!
    xoxox

    http://elisemn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete